Message from Dave..... Moderator Approval

Don't panic if your post doesn't appear immediately.

× Rock Chalk Talk: Basketball

Anything pertaining to basketball: college, pro, HS, recruiting, TV coverage

Can We call this WAYNE's TEAM now please?

• AZhawk87
  • AZhawk87's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #655 by AZhawk87
It's time for Self, the media and everyone else to officially give the reins to Selden to take this team all the way this year.

No more "Ellis is the core. Ellis should play like an all American. Ellis should be Big 12 player of the year." In reality, Perry is very good at getting his points, but he doesn't lead, and the players don't rise to the occasion off of how Perry performs. We don't need Perry to lead - we just need him to get his points in the workman like fashion that he's very good at.

Give Wayne the recognition that as he goes, so goes this team. Call on Wayne to be the player of the year, the all american, and the LEADER! Put the pressure on Wayne to demand excellence out of the others. He has it in him, and the other players feed off of his emotion and his leadership.

I for one would love to see what a healthy, talented Wayne Selden could do if we clear the path for him and stop telling everyone that it's Perry's team.

RC
Last Edit: 8 years 8 months ago by AZhawk87.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sasnak

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Share this page:

More
8 years 8 months ago #656 by JhawkMom
I for one agree with you on Ellis. While I do agree he is an excellent player I never see his enthusiasm and never saw him try to fire up the team. Never saw him chest thump but then again he never makes plays that would garner such an action. I could never understand the love affair with him.

I'm NOT putting down his importance on the floor, I just think there are other players just as good who add more flair to the game. That's just me

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #658 by Bayhawk
Second And Carried.

I've long thought, but kept to myself, that Frank was our guy. He doesn't seem to be the catalyst that Wayne can be, but you have to love his "Army of one" capability.

One man's opinion. :)

RC

The end is nothing; the road is all.
-- Jules Michelet
Last Edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Bayhawk.

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 8 months ago #670 by Wheatstate Gal
And an opinion from the cheap seats.....

Perry is a talented young man who represents our university, team and state well. He simply cannot demonstrate FIRE. Trying to force him into a leadership position....like trying to force the proverbial square peg into a round hole....isn't gonna happen. Hasn't happened yet... It would take a miracle to get that leopard to change his spots!

I like perry. I wish him much success. BUT for pete's sake.....could he keep that mouth guard IN HIS MOUTH for a while? Or leave the darned thing in the locker room!!!!!

Sheesh!

WSG

More
8 years 8 months ago #674 by sasnak
I have made no secret that Wayne is my guy for the last couple of years and was/am hoping that this was his year. Perry is a talented guy but seems to lack the fire that exceptional players tend to have

It'll feel better when it stops hurting

More
8 years 8 months ago #675 by Bayhawk
When did this board turn into Cat Fancier Magazine??? :ohmy:

RC. ;)

-- Jules Michelet

More
8 years 8 months ago #677 by sasnak
That's Boscoe and he watches games with me and even lets me suit him up!! :P
A friend made him his own little jersey. He especially likes it when I yell REAL loud.
I didn't figure you wanted to see pics of the german shepherds or my horses, esp since I don't have anything near big enough to dress the horses or burros

It'll feel better when it stops hurting

More
8 years 8 months ago #678 by Bayhawk
My two kitties know to clear out when I start my ranting and raving. Mad props to your feline for staying "court-side."

RC

-- Jules Michelet

More
8 years 8 months ago #679 by LasJayhawk
Cats seem to like basketball, the pace is fast and the ball movement is more erratic than a sport like tennis. That being said, I had a Lahsa Apso that would run up and stick her face on the TV whenever they showed a close up of Coach Brown. She LOVED Larry.

Yea,yea,yea, keepin' the faith

More
8 years 8 months ago #680 by hairyhawk
I do not know the inner workings of the team who relates well with who and such. I think that Perry may be more of a team leader off the court than we realize. He is just not a demonstrative person. I agree that on the court it looks like Wayne is the one that creates the fire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sieverling

• Wheatstate Gal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 8 months ago #712 by Wheatstate Gal
I thought I had a pretty cool cat until I saw your cat, sas......

My Cosmo would let me "suit him up" right after he let me give him a bath! :woohoo:

WSG